Thursday, January 31, 2013

Another one for the books!

So next week we get to embark on another adventure.....



That's right we are headed out West! The last time we went snow skiing Ashlynn was just 2 1/2 and Brinlee was 2 months old. We have been talking to the girls for the last few weeks about going skiing. So far they just keep saying they want to ski with Daddy and Papa. I'm hoping that means Grandma Nise and I get to hit the slopes while Dad and Joe teach the girls to ski. Pretty sure our chances are slim to none on that one.


Tonight we had the girls try on the skis and boots we have for them. Ashlynn was all about it. She put the boots on like a pro and stepped right into the ski's.

Brinlee on the other hand is all talk. She has been talking abour going fast down the hill and doing a few jumps. Really she is just copying whatever her sisters says about skiing. She has no clue what she is in for.

Joe and I are excited. This is our kind of vacation. Besides going to the lakehouse this the ultimate way to spend our vacation. The girls have just had to go along with it.

I am not looking forward to:
- The three flights we have to take to get to Colorado (It saved us $1000 to fly from Asheville back to Charlotte then on to Colorado....go figure).
- Not having my brother there to ski with us :(
- The time change we will have to adjust to (cross your fingers the girls handle it like pros)
- The mountain of laundry that will follow us home. (SKI COATS TAKE FOREVER TO DRY!)

I am looking forward to:
-Creating memories with our girls.
-Trying out my new ski's that I got for Christmas last year
-The layer of clothes I get to wear. Cold weather and snow are my favorite things. I just look better with more clothes on :)
- Skiing with my grandparents (79 yrs old....AMAZING!!!)

More to come on this new adventure....wish us luck!


1 comment:

  1. So jealous! I can't wait to hear all about your trip! And wow Ashlynn looked just like Brinlee now in those pictures! So fun.

    ReplyDelete