Let me just start by saying how proud we are of you Ashlynn. For weeks now you have been asking when you would get to go to school. You have been looking forward to going back pretty much as soon as your summer started.
Mommy on the other hand has been excited for you but dreading all the emotions that go along with starting this new phase in our lives. Gone are the days we get to leisurely take out time in the mornings. Now we are tied to the school schedule for many years to come.
So last night we had your favorite dinner, Pei Weis! You love that place. I'm not sure why because you only eat the rice with soy sauce :)
Grandma Nise was nice enough to come over from Greeneville to stay home with Brinlee. Your Daddy and I were able to walk you in on your first day of school. You didn't even look back! You were so excited to meet your teacher and make new friends. I love that about you. You are such a strong little girl! You feel comfortable enough to try new things and were so excited to start Kindergarten! Daddy and I are so proud! We were able to hold back the tears until we got in the car. This day has come with mixed emotions. On one hand we are so excited that our little girl is growing up but it is sad. We are so excited to see what adventures Kindergarten brings for you.
Mid-day Mommy came back for an in-classroom orientation. I walked in the door and you asked why I had come. You didn't want to leave. That just made Mommy's heart feel good. You were kind of bummed when we left school. You wanted to make sure you were going to be back the next day. I love that! One of the first things you told me about your day was that you didn't play for very long because you had to learn. You aren't to sure about that. I'm sure it will be an adjust learning how big girl school works but we have no doubt you are going to do great!
Ashlynn we are so proud of you! You are such a wonderful little girl!
Your Daddy and I love you very much. We are looking forward to embarking on the adventure of Kindergarten with you. We wish you a wonderful year of learning, laughing and growing personally.
Love you bunches!


No comments:
Post a Comment