Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

I have to admit I love the fact that my birthday is on St. Patricks Day. I tell everyone that it's the worlds way of celebrating me. A little much right!

My poor husband has had a horrible last few weeks. Work has just been crazy and I was trying to be the good wife by not getting my hopes up or expecting to much for my birthday. We didn't have a babysitter because let's face it who wants to babysit when they have a chance to wear green, drink green drinks and an excuse to have some fun!

The day started off with a clover bouquet from our yard, getting Starbucks and breakfast in bed. Who can beat that! Then I got to spend a few hours to myself while my husband took the girls to the park and out to breakfast. I think he might have even ventured out to Target and Harris Teeter. Came home claiming to be exhausted. Welcome to my day honey bunches!



Poor guy had to work the afternoon but we were able to take the kids out to dinner. Of course we were all decked out in green. It's the one time of year I can buy us all something new and it magically fits into the budget!

My husband was sweet enough to get a tiara, birthday hats for the girls and a St. Patrick's Day cookie cake. He had the girls "surprise" me with my birthday celebration.

My present was a blue topaz necklace. I have a pendant for Ashlynn's birth month and now my collection is complete.

It was a great day overall! Hope you wore somthing green and didn't get pinched!


P.S. These are pictures of the next day. Notice my husbands head is cut off because he was going in to work the next day. I'm pretty sure I took  the picture that way accidentally and not because I was annoyed that he had to go in...........

No comments:

Post a Comment