My husband in December (while I was sick in bed with the stomach flu) declares his dream to have us both run a race together. We did that the beginning of March. My good deed was checked off for the year. Or so I thought...........
My Dad jumps on the bucket list band wagon and asks if his family will run a race with him. How can you say no to a bucket list request?
So this past weekend we all participated in the NC Half Marathon at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. My brother flew in from Texas for the event. My husband, dad and brother participated in the half marathon and my mom and I did the 5k. This was Joseph's 2nd half marathon, Dad I have no idea how many he has done and my brother's first. My Dad was so excited about doing this with us. We all got new running outfits and were told several times how proud my Dad was to run the race together. I think if we asked for the moon this weekend Dad would have gotten it for us. He was just that excited to have us running with him.
I will say it was pretty impressive to have one of the race cars start the race off and to run on the tracks. We all finished in great times and (yes mom I'm going to mention it) my mother finished first for her age group. My Dad has printed off her times and is going to frame it with her medal. Overall I think we pretty much made my Dad proud as can be.
I'm not saying I have the same addiction to running that both my husband and dad have but I wouldn't mind doing a few more races. I will say that if either my husband or dad want me to participate in a race again I'm holding out for one that involves a vacation!
Here are some pictures from the weekend:
Both girls had to have there tummies rubbed by Papa at the same time.
Auntie Alisha came up from Orlando to visit this weekend. It was so great seeing her!
Ashlynn loved the cars. She just didn't understand why she couldn't drive one!
Here are the professional photos taken from the race:




No comments:
Post a Comment